– What other experiences do you have that demonstrates your competence and ability to complete One Water Race?
* Coach for Without Limits * Firefighter for the City of Wilmington NC
– Why do you want to participate in One Water Race?
Why not? It's not like this type of opportunity falls in your lap but once in a lifetime. After attempting it last year, I need and want to finish this year. This event is a daunting, yet an exciting challenge that is right up my alley. For my entire life I have always been around some sort of body of water. Water is my life, which seems to be the root of One Water Race. I want a second chance!
– Have you taken a similar challenge before?
We attempted last year and I now understand what it takes. I did finish OtillO, but that's a fraction of what we are attempting to do with this race. However, I know and understand challenges, both mentally and physically. I've pushed my body to the extreme. Being very cold, I checked that one. Staying up for days, physically moving, check that one. Handling hard decisions and on the fly directions, do that for a living. I accept and respect this challenge.
– What are your strengths?
Passion for the Weather, Water, Wind
Strength to pull my own weight and then some
Performs well under pressure
Avid Swimmer and Runner
Excellent team player
– What are your weaknesses?
People who don't have my drive and passion
I respect the cold, but I don't like it
Wanting to change people, but realize it's not something I can do, it has to come from them.
– What would be your biggest challenges in this race?
Keeping my team together
Staying on top of my team - food, gear, navigation. Time went by quickly last year, surprisingly.
– Have you been to the Stockholm archipelago and what do you know/think about the terrain?
Yes! I came there when I completed ÖtillÖ and attempted One Water Race last year. It's beautiful. Dark blue waters. Farm land, large barrier rocks, green woods, moss, mud, small islands, larger islands. I'm glad I've seen it multiple times. The islands that have residents will be easier to navigate. Ferries and boats definitely use the large waterways. Depending on the current and wind, some of the longer crossings are hard to navigate. The farm land has electrical fences. The wild life. Private properties. Powerlines. I remember alot from last year!
– What are you most looking forward to, if you would participate in One Water Race?
The adventure, it's addicting. However, I'm really looking forward to finishing this year now that I know as much as I did last year.